"Ladies and Gentlemen, please rise for the Commanding Officer of 2 SIR"
Baris, Sedi-ah!
That was the parade that the 2 years of training for the men of 2 SIR culminated into; ORD cum Assumption Parade. There was an almost similar but much greater in scale parade the day before; Change-of-Command Parade. Many "crabs" turned up, and there was so much seafood, the chocolate bars and fully-charged batteries couldn't take it... lol...
Fortunately, I was tasked to be the usher for both parades. Nothing great actually, almost all the officers had the same tasking! lol... Shan't elaborate on the COC parade, because it did not have much significance to me, not that the ORD parade did...
ORD parade for the men means girls! Yes, girlfriends, girl-friends of all the men and specialists who have come to support their boyfriends and boy-friends in the parade. It was a total madness. I abandoned my job at the main gate of the camp to the parade square where all the girls would gather. No, I didn't see my importance at the gate after the addition of another specialist... Although the weather was hot, the girls were hotter! =D
Much to see, none to come close to... Lecherous bastards everywhere, all eye-ing on hot babes, laser-ranging them all the way, sneak up to behind them and savour every moment of the girls in sight.
Long day... especially with 2 parades were conducted consecutively... Yet, they can't be compared to the commissioning parade in terms of magnitude, standard and length.
Had late night badminton game on wed and thur night until 1am... It felt good, really, especially the run that I had on wed night before the badminton game.
Gaining a good fitness is hard, maintaining it is harder. Complacency just sets in once you realise you're quite fit... This struck me after attending the ORNS talk on tue on ORD matters.
Seriously, the weather is becoming so hot, I'm really into designing a built-in air-con in every shirt that I have... These days, it's hard to find me anywhere else except my office because of the air-con.
I've got 4 testimonials and 2 books to complete. But, time is all I have!!! =D
ORD loh!