Surprise! I'm at home, feeling damn sleepy, because I woke up at 3.15AM!! to go for this 16km run at Jurong Camp... We were supposed to wake up at 3, but guess we overslept... And my buddy switched off all my alarm! haha... Anyways, it was a freaking shag run... I'm seriously praying that the run tmr is cancelled... it's gonna be a 16km run again... wa lao... my knee's giving me a problem alr... I need rest!!!!
Went back to Golf Wing to return my No. 2... Saw a few instructors, chatted a while and went to bathe in the toilet! haha... Cheapskate... Had my first 'ji dan mian' after commission... haha... Still tastes as good. Life as an instructor doesn't seem at all relaxed... I saw that my friend was so 'shag', and somehow he's not really enjoying it.
Anyway, was quite pissed with what Matt told me... I mean, there seems to be a motive behind the whole thing. One day you say this, and the next day, you say another... I mean, how much difference can it make? 8 mins out of 3 hrs... like removing an 8 min item can help you like reduce your duration from 3 hrs to 2 hrs... Goodness... If it's gonna be on an invitation basis, I think it's only appropriate that you start reducing your pieces within your own people. I'm not that concerned with the respect issue here, but you touch your heart and see if it's the right thing to do. I may make it sound exaggerating, but let me give you an analogy.
You are part of a committee who's organising an event for the neighbourhood. Your guest-of-honour is the MP for that area. You request that he give an opening speech. Just about a month before the event, you realise that the whole event is taking too long, and knowing that your GOH's speech will never be shorter than 10 mins, you decide to tell him to forget about his speech and get ur pressie of your committee to say just a few words, just to reduce a pathetic 10 mins... Is that a wise decision?
It may seem like a small thing, and there's absolutely no reason why I should feel so pissed about, but hey, if you were in my shoes, how would you feel? Forget about the fact that the piece is so ready, and it probably will be one of the best pieces for the night, you're so ready to come back to stage after a year of solitary confinement, and u get a wet blanket. Thanks!
Anyway, forget it.